Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/15/11: Nosworthy's Breakfast, Wanda's New Car, Party at Jake's and Carol's

1.  Today was KHS Class of '72 day -- from 8 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.  It started perfectly:  Lars, Jake, Ed, Stu, and I met at Nosworthy's Hall of Fame for breakfast and beers.  I'd never tried an orange beer (beer and orange juice) before, but I'd seen them served several times at Nosworthy's.  I took the plunge and enjoyed how the orange beers complemented my plate of biscuits and sausage gravy.  I found myself thinking that I wished I could meet with these lifelong friends of mine at Nosworthy's as many Saturdays as possible and shoot the breeze, tell tall tales, and drink beers with breakfast.  What a pleasure.

2.  Ed and I met up with Wanda in the Shopko parking lot and, after I strolled over to Albertson's to buy a $7.39 jar of crispy low sodium pickled asparagus spears at Stu's request (and ran into Chris Meyer) and returned, we took off in Wanda's brand new Chevy Impala, made a stop at The Vapor Cafe, and cruised to Liberty Lake to Jake's and Carol's to meet up with the Nosworthy's crew plus Carol and Joni.

3.  The girls made great food.  Smokies baked in Pillsbury dough, meatballs, potato salad, and a huge vegetable plate and we partied like it was 1972.  Well, not quite 1972 -- but we had a great time together -- it was a most happy and memorable and good-spirited party.

No comments: