Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/21/10: Beef Stew, Disaster Averted, Staying Home

1.  Thursday night I stayed up late and fixed a beef stew ahead of time and tonight we warmed it up and ate it.  I had feared it would be inferior because I had mistakenly put oregano in it, but that turned out fine.  Yes, the stew was a tad too peppery and I'll dial back the pepper next time I fix it.  Adrienne, the Deke, and I loved this stew.  It was a joy to prepare and to eat.

2.  I'll be vague on purpose.  Mom is embarrassed about a mishap at her house.  I called her to learn more about it and everything turned out really fine, really good.  A disaster averted.

3.  I think it was a good move for my psyche and my need for rest to stay home rather than return to LCC for a department meeting. 

No comments: