Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/14/11: Paul's Basketball Shoes, Sibling Breakfast at Sam's, Family Dinner at Red Lobster

1.  I was over at Carol's and noticed that Paul had left his basketball shoes on an end table.  I thought, "What a great still life!"  So I snapped some photos.  Here are three of them:


2.  Christy, Carol, and I enjoyed a long breakfast at Sam's and worked out many of the details of Mom's 80th birthday party to be held Sunday.  I thought, and I think I said, that I would be even happier if I could get together with my sisters way more often and have way more breakfasts together.  It was relaxing, fun, and calming to be together.

3.  Christy, Carol, Mom, and I went shopping in Coeur d' Alene at J. C. Penney and Macy's, helping to guarantee that Mom would look her radiant best for her party.  We topped off the day with dinner at Red Lobster and I enjoyed a center-cut sirloin rubbed with peppercorn seasoning cooked medium rare and a skewer of jumbo shrimp finished with a buttery garlic glaze, served over home-style mashed potatoes.  The meal was wonderful, but we enjoyed each other's company even more.  Once again, I found myself wishing I could have meals regularly with my sisters and my mother.  Once again, it was relaxing, fun, and calming to be together.

No comments: