Saturday, July 2, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 06/30/11: Printed Pictures, Snapshots to Great Shots, Billy Mac's

1.  I bought my first digital camera in 2005, late in the year.  I've been taking pictures ever since, and today, for the first time, I had pictures printed and I went to Costco and picked up a set of over fifty pictures of Olivia.  Most of them looked pretty good and it made Molly happy.  (Molly will be taking the pictures to Kellogg with her.)

2. I've been taking a lot of pictures lately, enjoying my new lenses, and a bunch of questions about my camera have come up...I had bought the book "Nikon D3100:  From Snapshots to Great Shots" about seven months ago and much of it didn't make sense to me when my camera was new.  I got the book out again.  It's making a ton of sense now and I've learned much, much more about my camera and about picture taking.  Will what I've learned result in better pictures?  We'll see.

3.  It was a lively night at Billy Mac's.  I met Pam and Michael's friends, Linda and Paul, and they seemed to enjoy the food, conversation, and laughter.  I know I did.  It was a really fun night.

No comments: