Saturday, July 30, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/29/2011: Jack, Cross, BBC2

1.  Jack and the Deke were playing on the Deke's bed and the light was really good and interesting and I managed to snap off some shots of Jack.  I'll be posting more of them later, but here's one example:


2.  I enjoy the way the setting sun plays with the bricks and the crosses on the 13th Avenue side of St. Mary's Episcopal Church.  When the sun is a bit higher in the sky, as it sets, the colors and shadows are more dramatic, but I also like the way the cross(es) look when the sun has almost disappeared and the large cross begins to take on a shade of blue.


3.  Someone on Facebook mentioned in a comment that http://www.bbc.co.uk/ is her homepage.  For some reason, this inspired me to tune into BBC2 radio and listen to pop music, interviews with people in the world of theater, old tunes, tunes from British film comedies, and a variety of other programming.  It's fun.

No comments: