Sunday, July 17, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/15/11: Snug Groove, Photo Chat, Church Tour

1.  Snug and I are finding a groove walking on the Fairmount Blvd. side of Hendricks Park.  Even on a short leash, he loves diving his nose into everything that grows and I enjoy the pull on my leg muscles and my own panting, walking up the easy hill.

2.  I withdrew forty bucks at the credit union.  For the sake of security, I wore my Nikon around my neck, rather than leave it in the car.  The teller asked me if I was out taking pictures and I wasn't a jerk and I answered her seriously that I was on my way out to take pictures of churches around Eugene.  She lit up.  She loved that idea.  We had a good conversation about it, how I was after variety, not looking for the best looking churches and we told each other where we worship.  She was good people.

3.  I went to Samuel Reynolds street, out Bailey Hill Road, up Friendly Street, and down to the end of Monroe Street and took pictures of crosses and church buildings and sky and even a basketball hoop, in a church parking lot. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: