Monday, July 18, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/17/2011: Jack's Baptism, Good People, Taco Topper

1.  Today was Jack David Turner's baptism at St. Mary's Episcopal Church and it was deeply touching to be a part of the family as we sat together and witnessed Jack's baptism and a part of the congregation, to join in with people I've known in the church for many years and stand up for Jack.

2.  I was responsible for delivering the baptism cake to the church and so I was there early, early enough to see church members I rarely see because they worship at 8:00.  Then, because the baptism was held at 9:30, I got to visit with a bunch of people I don't see very often who are also worship at a different time than I do.  The church and the Guild Room, where the cake was served, was filled with excitement and joy in response to Jack's baptism.

3.  Nathan went to the store and bought the makings for tacos and we had a fine dinner together as a family, a nice way to top off a day that was exhilarating and exhausting.

No comments: