Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/13/2011: Perfect Look, Steph and Ale, Delirium Tremens

1.   I got to introduce Bill to the friendly women, excellent prices, and fine work of the stylists at Perfect Cut where Bill and I got haircuts.  Bill's got rave reviews at home.  No one could really tell I got a haircut.

2.  After a half an hour or so of Perfect Cut friendliness, Bill and I headed down to Eugene City Brewery for lunch and were greeted by the friendly service of Stephanie and the excellent beer and food of Rogue Nation.  Bill's a hop head and was very happy with his Imperial India Pale Ale and then with a pint of a darker beer represented at the tap by a green dragon.  I went for a pint of the American Amber and the Juniper Pale Ale.  I'd wanted the Rogue Irish Lager, but, alas, they were out.  Then I thought I'd try the Chatoe Single Malt Ale, but it wasn't on tap.  I was putting the good-spirited Stephanie to the test.  She has a great sense of humor, though, and finally I ordered a beer the joint had on tap.  (By the way, across the street, near the Horsehead, a paddywagon showed up and the cops carted off two miscreants.  Stephanie not only gave a play by play from behind the bar, but was more enthused about witnessing this arrest than she was for the USA victory over France in the Women's World Cup.)

3.  Bill told me at Eugene City Brewery that his favorite of all ales is Delirium Tremens, a strong Belgian pale ale. As the day wound down, and evening set in, Bill suggested we go to the Bier Stein and he'd buy a ceramic bottle and we could split it.  So we did.  It was a pleasant pint and one pint was just enough for me.  I'm grateful to Bill for introducing me to this fine beverage. 

No comments: