Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/20/2011: Grab Shots with Snug, Pork Chop Timing, Evening Photo Walk

1.  I carried my camera on my early afternoon walk with Snug and grabbed pictures, fast pictures, because I can't set up a picture or think about what I'm doing while Snug darts into ferns, sniffs around the ivy, looks more moist places to roll around, and eagerly explores the world along the road on the west side of Hendricks Park.

2.  The thick pork loin chops sizzled in bacon grease as the lemoned and cinnamoned apples bubbled in butter and brown sugar and the green beans and bacon sat cooked in a microwave bag.  I knew the food would be pretty good.  I just wanted it to all be done and ready to serve at the same time.  It was.  Adrienne, Nathan, Mary F., the Deke, and I had a good dinner.

3.  Russell and I parked on 14th behind St. Mary's Episcopal Church and took our cameras out into the soft light of early evening and shot away.  Then we went for a short time down to the Fifth Street Market area.  I continued to work with and learn more about my Tamron lens, the one Russell picked up for me for 15 bucks at Goodwill, the one without auto focus and that requires me to make manual aperture settings.  I had a great time and my first glance tells me I got some decent pictures.  We'll see.

No comments: