Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/25/2011: Book Read, Lawn Mowed, Dinner Enjoyed

1.  I finished "Purple Flat Top".  I love the part of the country he writes about, the part of the country where InlandEmpireGirl lives.  Most of all, I enjoyed the portraits he drew of about a dozen different people he's known over the years and how these people's lives and the history of the general Chewelah area intersected with their lives.  For those more interested in natural history and plant life than I am, this book would be even more fascinating as Jack Nisbet writes in great detail and with great love about this aspect of northeastern Washington.

2.  Lawn mowed, some weeds pulled, some yard work done -- all accomplished under a glorious gray cloud cover, keeping the temperature cool and the work enjoyable.

3.  It always feels good to please family members when I cook dinner.  Tonight, Adrienne and the Deke enjoyed the tri tip steaks with the side dish I made:  bacon, sweet onion, diced russet potatoes, yellow corn, and spinach.

No comments: