Sunday, July 10, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 07/08/11: Bookshelves, Goodbye Books, Jade Palace Feast

1.  H. just moved into a studio apartment not long ago and she has plenty of books, but no bookshelves, and when I contacted her in response to a request she made through Eugene Freecycle, she still wanted bookshelves.  I just emptied a six foot high bookshelf, offered it her, and she accepted. My plans to reconfigure and redefine my room are moving apace.

2.   I have all these books that have at one time been important to me one way or another, but that I never look at or read any more.  I boxed them up and I'll be taking them to Goodwill tomorrow.  I know I could sell a bunch of them at Smith Family, but I don't feel like loading them on the elevator or packing them up the stairs and I don't feel like waiting for an assessment and I don't feel like dealing with the books that will be rejected.  One trip to Goodwill will be all it takes and if there are Goodwill shoppers looking for some pretty good books, many by writers whose work has endured, some for centuries, they'll find such books one day when these contributions make their way to the shelves.

3. I went online to Jade Palace and looked at the family dinners.  I'm home by myself and it suddenly occurred to me that for a little over twenty bucks I could order a family dinner for two and have food for at least a couple of days.  So I did it.  I ordered family dinner C:  lemon chicken, bbq pork, pork fried rice, special chow yuk, fried shrimp, and eggrolls.  I enjoyed my dinner and there are plenty of leftovers for lunch and snacks tomorrow.  I will definitely do this again next time I've got the house to myself. 

No comments: