Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/10/13: No UHaul, Seeing Abbie, Writing Letters

1.  At the very last minute, I realized I had miscalculated the cost of renting a UHaul truck to drive to Orofino and back to pick up a single piece of furniture and a couple of boxes.  I hated to do it, but I cancelled my reservation and ticked off the guy I was renting from.  I hated doing that, but I was glad I exercised my prerogative to back out before I had signed any papers.

2.  I think the last time I saw Terry Absec we were riding around in Kellogg in 1983 or '84 after a Johnny's Bar men's league basketball game listening to Hall and Oates and inserting the name "Joey Gerd" into the lyrics.  You had to be there.  Today, I went to Stein's grocery store where Terry is now working as an assistant manager in his retirement and we had a great talk and set up a get together for late Friday afternoon.  (Did I get Joey's name right?  I'll have to check into this....)

3.  Another bonus of not driving to Orofino today:  I have been composing a couple of letters in my head -- well, I guess they are really emails -- but, to me they are letters -- and I wrote them.  I enjoyed keeping up with both of these correspondents. 

No comments: