Sunday, September 22, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/21/13: Painless Big Toe Tomahawk Jam, Epic Soccer Match, Wouldn't That Planter Look Better Over Here?

1.  My big toe is hardly swollen at all and feels about 95% healed.  It felt so good this morning that I took a basketball up to Andrews Gymnasium at Kellogg High School and, for old times sake, started at half court, dribbled about three times, launched myself at the free throw line, and threw down a sick tomahawk jam.  I've still got my jumps.

2.  I drove Mom and me to Priest River, Idaho for the epic soccer clash between the Kellogg Lady Wildcats and the Priest River Spartans.  My niece Cosette was dominant as the Wildcats' sweeper as evidenced by the shutout Kellogg pitched in their 2-0 victory over Priest River.

3.  After I tried to parallel park in front of MickDuff's Brewing Company in Sandpoint and moved a street planter about a foot and a half and then found an easier parking place, Mom and I joined the rest of the family inside MickDuff's and we enjoyed a fine post-soccer match meal.  I especially enjoyed MickDuff's Knot Tree Porter, first in a half and half with their Tipsy Toehead Blonde Ale and then on its own.  I love it when I go to a place that has a solid, toasty, deep black porter.  (Before we went into MickDuff's, I put the planter I backed into back in its original spot and left Sandpoint without moving any other planters or street art.)

No comments: