Friday, September 20, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/19/13: Favorite Child Status, Toe Update, Dinner and Memories of High School

1.  Today I secured my place as my mom's favorite child when I was the one chosen to pull all the living room furniture out and vacuum behind them, wash the woodwork, and vacuum all the furniture.  Knowing I got to do this chore, my sisters may never speak to me again.

2.  After looking at all kinds of medical information, Mom and I agree that something is wrong with my big toe, but my pain doesn't seem to rise to the level of the gout.  My toe is settling down. 

3.  It was almost like being a teenager again enjoying Mom's dinner tonight:  pork roast, boiled potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, and salad with bleu cheese dressing. For a few minutes, I thought I'd just come home from basketball practice. 

No comments: