Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/16/13: Cruising Orofino, Idaho Photographs in my Mind, Big Toe on the Rocks

1.  Mom and I took a tour of Orofino, Idaho and, from the car, Mom pointed out houses she had lived in, the homes of friends and doctors, and where past businesses used to be located.  We cruised Michigan, Brown, Johnson, Kalaspo, College, and other streets and avenues and took a little drive through Jingletown to Ahsahka. 

2.  After lunch at the China Palace in the heart of Orofino, Mom and I headed up the Cavendish Hill and drove through Cavendish and Southwick on our way to Deary to Troy to Moscow and on to Coeur d'Alene and home again.  I loved driving through the many wheat fields bordered by and overlooked by stands of pine, looking, when I could, at barns, grain elevators, and other structures.  I took a ton of pictures in my mind, wishing I could take a leisurely drive through this part of the state on my own, choosing my time of day, and taking a ton of actual pictures.

3. While watching the Bengals defeat the Steelers, I treated my red, swollen, inflamed big toe with an ice water soak. I'll see if my toe's anger settles down. 

No comments: