Sunday, September 22, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/20/13: THe Heart of Burke, City Limits Lunch, Taco Friday

1.  Carol and I went into the urban jungle of Burke, Idaho to look at the ruins of past mining operations and to take pictures.  We had a lot of fun, although I wasn't very impressed with my pictures the first time I looked at them.  Maybe they'll look better the second time around...

2.  Carol and I had lunch at the City Limits pub in Wallace and each enjoyed a gyro with loaded potato soup.  I order myself a Blueberry Cream Ale and it was just what I wanted:  light, tasty, and with just a hint of the blueberry.  Very satisfying.

3.  Mom turned the cooking duties over to me, and so I got to prepare the ground beef and chopped up the olives and tomatoes and grate the cheese and warm up the corn tortillas for a taco dinner.  We got to use up a lot of Mom's tomatillo green salsa on the tacos and to dip corn chips in.  I'm never quite sure when I can encroach upon Mom's routines in the kitchen.  I was very happy to be asked to fix dinner tonight and had a lot of fun preparing it.  Bonus:  Carol, Paul, Molly, and Mom enjoyed their tacos. 

No comments: