Thursday, September 26, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/25/13: Stay Put, Back to the Farm, Riveting

1.  Rest.  Elevate. Ice.  Stop running errands for a day or two.  Stay put.  Ice for twenty minutes every hour.  Tomorrow I will stay put.  I'll rest.  My toe got really angry today because I did too much.  I enjoyed the outings, aside from the pain, but I must stay put and give this injury more time to heal.

2.  Yes, because of my stupid toe, it was painful walking in the midst of the cucumbers, apples, garlic, zucchini, serrano peppers, frozen blueberries, and other wonderful products at Lone Pine Farms, but I couldn't stop myself from going out so I could come home and make green salsa with a pound or so of tomatillos and have the vegetables ready for future dinners and lunches for the Deke.

3.  Back in 2006 and 2007, and even into 2008, it seemed I was discovering a new blog to read every week, sometimes every day and now many of the writers of these blogs have discontinued them.  Today I dived into the blog of a friend who recently told me in an email she was blogging on occasion and I found her writing riveting in its honesty and often harrowing in its content. 

No comments: