Sunday, September 8, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/07/13: Good Flights and Book, Television Sports, Garden Fresh

1.  Everything went smoothly on the flight from Eugene to Seattle to Spokane, just the way I like it.  As a bonus, I started reading the book Peter gave me, The Book of Air and Shadows, a Shakespeare manuscript mystery novel, and I enjoyed the first chapters a lot.

2.  It's good to be back in Kellogg and on my first day home I did something I haven't done for a long time:  I watched U.S. Open tennis matches and the Notre Dame/Michigan football game.  I saw some of the Ducks' game against Virginia as well, but paid a lot more attention to the Djokovic/Wawrinka semifinal match, a long and invigorating epic battle. 

3.  Fresh green beans. Tomatoes right out of the garden.  Cucumbers right out of the garden.  Polish sausage and cabbage right out of Christy's garden.  Man.  It's good to be home in Kellogg.

No comments: