Sunday, September 8, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/06/13: Splendid Soup Nation, Ninkasi Oktoberfest, Packing Gardening Shoes

1.  The Deke invited me to bring her lunch at school, so I dropped into Soup Nation and Mark Stern was there overseeing his empire and I really enjoyed our conversation and his generosity.  The Deke and I loved the Thai Coconut Veggie Soup, Greek Chicken Orzo Soup, and a Big Greek Salad. 

2.  The Deke debriefed with her teaching partner at Cornucopia and I dropped in when they were done and we shared a little pepperoni pizza, but the highlight of the meal was the Ninkasi Oktoberfest beer.  For a long time, I avoided Ninkasi beers because I found them overhopped, but their new Cream Ale and this Oktoberfest are perfect for my taste. 

3.  Maybe my big achievement for the day was figuring out how to pack my little bag for a two week trip to Kellogg with my gardening shoes included.  This will make my mom very happy.

No comments: