Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/03/13: Morning Produce, Weeds, Pittsburgh Pirates Are Alive

1.  It was a comfortable morning walk down to the Farmers' market to purchase some tomatoes, peas, zucchini, and peaches.  I never want to forget the dear woman ahead of me in line with a back pack and two aluminum walking sticks deliberating long and hard if she really wanted to pay a $1.50 for a sweet onion.  She was okay paying a buck for an heirloom tomato, but, as it turned out, the onion price was too steep.  This took several minutes -- as the line behind her grew.  Ha!  It was pretty sweet and everyone seemed cool about her taking her old sweet time. 

2.  I went back out back and dug up the last of the weeds I wanted to get out of the ground for now.

3.  The Pittsburgh Pirates cannot have a losing season now.  If they win half of their remaining games, they will win 93 games.  They haven't had a winning season for twenty years.  I looked up old Pirates on the www in honor of this team and found out that Roy Face, Vern Law, Bill Virdon, Dick Groat, Bob Friend, and Bill Mazeroski are all still alive.  Maybe others are, too, but I loved thinking back on these former Pirates, their teams, and my baseball cards.

No comments: