Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/23/13: Home Again, Enjoyment, The Deke in the Kitchen

1.  Getting up this morning from my own bed to the sounds of the corgis peeing and barking in the backyard and fixing Deke and me some coffee and having a bowl of oatmeal that the Deke prepared all contributed to how happy I feel to be home again and to be getting back into the pace of life here in Eugene.

2.  I had a rousing two hour coffee time with MB, Michael, and Jeff and, as always, came to realize that my friends think about all kinds of things and are troubled by things that never cross my mind, making me think that sometimes I live in a zone of bliss untroubled by many of the things and the people that annoy not only my friends, but many others as well.  I think I enjoy a lot of people and a lot of things in my life and don't get around to critical analysis.  Elton John is a good example.  So is the poetry of Shakespeare's Richard II.  My guess is I'm wired more to uncritically enjoy a lot of people and music and movies, with some exceptions(I can rant...that's for sure), than I am wired toward making assessments and being bugged.

3.  The Deke took over the kitchen when I was gone and she concocted some salads and other dishes with grains and vegetables that fit perfectly into my kidney friendly diet and that taste really good.  I'm very grateful. 

No comments: