Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/24/13: Big Toe Exam, Dreams and Verbs and Beer at the Bier Stein, Home at Billy Mac's

1.  This right big toe of mine hurts, but it's not debilitating which pretty much ruled out the gout.  I went to a doctor today and she was mystified by what she saw and poked at and we devised a treatment plan:  ice, elevation, plenty of fluids.  I'll continue to treat the toe and be patient. 

2.  I picked up the Deke at school and we decided to talk and dream about the future some more and talk about the power of verbs at the Bier Stein and I drank a pint of English sweetness:  Old Speckled Hen.  Then I decided to venture to Germany for a half pint of Spaten Oktoberfest and a half of an Ayinger Oktoberfest.  Splendid stuff.

3.  The Deke and I decided to see what was happening at Billy Mac's.  It was quiet when we arrived and we took our seats at the bar and had dinner, I had some Hefeweizen liquid wheat, and we continued our conversations.  I now have the feeling of really being back home in Eugene again:  that's what Billy Mac's does for me.

No comments: