Sunday, September 1, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/31/13: Still Life at Home, Logsdon's Seizoen, Improved Peanut Sauce

1.  I had a lot of fun with the light around the house this morning and took a series of still life pictures in black and white, pushing the shutter speed as fast as I could for a darker effect, my favorite tone.  Here's my favorite picture of the day:


2.  For today's beer tasting, I brought home a beer I love, but didn't know if the Deke would:  Logsdon's Seizoen:  Organic Farmhouse Ale.  To my delight, the Deke also loved it and so I'm happy to add another beer to the growing list of ales we can enjoy together.

3.  My quest for making a peanut sauce that works continued today.  The added ingredients:  fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro.  The result:  the Deke and I loved it.  I fixed a sweet onion, tofu, celery, red cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, and sweet pea pod stir fry over Israeli couscous to go with the peanut sauce.  It all worked. 

No comments: