Monday, August 18, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 08/17/14: Two Versions of the Same Selfie, Fruit Beer Fest, Yakking in the Kitchen

1.  It was fun working with pictures I took, after I'd been away from it for a couple of weeks.  If you read this blog from time to time, you know I enjoy taking kind of oddball self-portraits -- well, selfies.  I took this one in color on King Street in Old Town Alexandria on Saturday and edited it in both color and black and white.  Here are the two versions:



2.  The Deke returned from her visit to New York with a six-pack of four beers and two ciders from Growler and Gill in Nanuet.  Molly and I enjoy fruit beers and especially enjoyed the Strawberry Lager and the Lemon Wheat from Abita Brewing Co. in Covington, LA. 

3.  Sitting there at the kitchen table splitting bottles of beer, tasting, commenting was more more than a mini beer fest.  The Deke, Molly, and I got in some good time shooting the breeze about all kinds of stuff.  Hiram did a lot to get David and Olivia ready for bed and it left the three of us about forty minutes to enjoy one another's company and yak.

No comments: