Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 11/03/15: Time to Leave, An Angela Day, "Best Afternoon of My Life"

1. Time to get ready to go to Idaho. Laundry. Packing. Deciding. Buying new walking shoes. Checking into my flight. Etc. Tomorrow I pack up the computer and make decisions about cameras, check the bus schedule for my ride to the airport, and I'm off to the great Inland Northwest -- or, as we called it in the good ole days, the Inland Empire.

2. I got to work with my two favorite local Angelas today (Cousin Angela is my favorite of all Angelas!).  At LabCorp, Angela drew my monthly blood sample for the the U of Maryland Transplant Center and Angela at Hair Cuttery cut my hair, after shampooing it and giving me a relaxing scalp massage. These two Angelas always brighten my day with their good nature and great work.

3. Allison returned from "the best afternoon of [her] life" after a visit to Eastern Market and Georgetown in downtown D. C.  and brought back bread and sweets and spices and shared her new enthusiasm for our nation's capital, as we each enjoyed a bowl of black beans and rice with green beans and broccoli on the side.

No comments: