Sunday, November 22, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 11/21/15: The List Shrinks, Yakkin' at Penny Lane, Pine Creek Tavern Matinee

1. Back to The List and now I've knocked off ten of the thirteen tasks. I washed the upper kitchen cupboards, helped Mom organize the cupboard under the sink, and cleaned the bathtub and other parts of the bathroom. Christy worked outside in the clear cold weather, taking down Mom's garden and yard stuff, so we teamed up to get a lot done in the morning.

2. Byrdman came to Kellogg and I met him and Don Knott down at Penny Lane where I enjoyed some potato chips and popcorn and a couple of red beers and a couple of fingers of George Dickel Rye Whiskey, neat. Eddie, a guy I'd never met, dropped by and the four of us did some serious yakking, reelin' in the years.

3. Don and I cruised to the Pine Creek Tavern in South Pinehurst and met up with Lars, Stu, Ed, Sharon, and Wanda for burgers and chicken and shrimp and happy hour pull tabs and enjoyed reelin' in more years and the good times that come with getting together with forever friends.

No comments: