Thursday, March 24, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 03-23-16: Remembering Bob Evans, Lamb Sliders, Strolling Greenbelt Lake

1. When Molly, Patrick, the Deke, and I drove across the USA from Eugene to Hendersonville, NC back in 1998, we had one particularly long day of hot driving that ended in Blue Springs, MO where we checked into our Motel 6 and then piled into a booth at Bob Evans and I thought I'd gone to heaven as I ate a dinner of meatloaf, green beans, and mashed potatoes/gravy with a frosty Coke and lemon.  Today, I drove up to the Laurel Corridor to go to Weis Market to buy some cans of Polar seltzer and dropped in at Bob Evans for a sausage and egg and hash brown and biscuit breakfast.  The food was fine, but what I really enjoyed was remembering back eighteen years ago and that trip and that one memorable dinner.

2. Today was the Deke's last day with students before spring break and to start off this break just right, we went up to Old Line Bistro for some chips, truffle fries, and we shared three lamb sliders. We had a good time with Laura, our server, and enjoyed some excellent beer.

3. Earlier in the day, I gave my toe another walking test and my toe prevailed.  I went down to Greenbelt Lake and strolled the circumference, racking up over two miles of walking.  Along the way, I took a few pictures and here's a sampling:

Behind Our Apartment Home 





No comments: