Friday, March 4, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 03/03/16: Naps, Hot Soup, Dogfather Imperial Stout from Ponderay, Idaho

1. I took three naps today.

2. I followed a recipe for red curry thai soup and it was way too hot in a red chili pepper way and now I will go to to work to cool it down. Good flavor, too much heat.

3. The Deke and I split a really delicious North Idaho beer today from Laughing Dog Brewery in Ponderay.  It's Bourbon Barrel Aged Dogfather imperial stout, 10.85 ABV (whoa!) and we totally enjoyed its deep, slightly sweet, chocolate-y taste and complex character.  I first drank a snifter of this nearly a year ago in May at Gilly's in Rockville, drove home, sat in the living room, stood up to go into the bedroom, blacked out, tumbled to the floor, busted my laptop's monitor when it crashed against a hallway wall, and quickly was on my feet again.  Remember?  Well, I'm happy to say I enjoyed tonight's 12 oz. of Dogfather without the drama of blacking out! I'm also happy to say I've never had another such incident.

No comments: