Monday, March 28, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 03/27/16: Easter Sunday Church, Inventing a Meal, Day of Rest

1.  Worshipers filled St. Andrew's Episcopal Church. The brass quartet's music shimmered. The organ thundered. Easter lilies perfumed the sanctuary.  On this Easter Sunday, we reveled in the reassuring and uplifting fact of life, that the promise is always present that out of darkness light can shine and from death, new life. It's not the only fact of life, but like its darker and painful counterparts,  it is always with us.

2.  While I boiled a pan of rice, in a shallow baking pan, I roasted eggplant, cauliflower, red potatoes, and bell pepper coated with olive oil, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Once the vegetables had roasted, I poured a can of diced tomatoes over them, returned them to the oven for a short while, took the dish out, and topped it with feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives and served it over the rice. It was not exactly a traditional Easter dinner. It was delicious and fortifying all the same.

3. And, so, the last few days I've enjoyed being out, taking pictures, going to evening worship services for Holy Week, and once I returned home from the Easter service and from checking up on the Diaz house, I decided to settle in for a day of rest -- yes, a little cooking and some evening popcorn -- but, I spent much of my time today taking it easy, napping, and enjoying the quiet of Easter Sunday by myself.

No comments: