Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 03/22/16: Fish Stew, Ana Goes Dada, Back to the Gardens

1. You just marinate talapia in a mixture of lime juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper and let it sit for however long you want and then fry onion and bell pepper in olive oil in a pot until soft, dump the marinated fish into the pot, pour a can of diced tomatoes and a can of coconut milk over the top, let it simmer covered about 20 minutes until the fish is cooked and presto!: Brazilian Fish Stew. It's really good. (I fixed a pot today.) Do you want the recipe?  Just click here.

2.  The Diazes have a couple of electronic keyboards out in their living room and one of them has a preset array of music samples it plays and Ana was at the keyboard hitting buttons and gave us the most exquisite dada performance of totally disconnected and unrelated notes and random passages from the samples.

3. Early in the afternoon, I drove down to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens to see what kind of blooming might be happening this early in the spring. I was itching to take pictures and I wanted to see how my improving toe would hold up if I walked a couple of miles. My toe held up really well, I enjoyed my stroll through the park, and here are a few pictures I took:







No comments: