Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 03/14/16: Day of Rest, Improving Toe, Faithful Dogs

1. As Sunday night became Monday morning, I had my most painful night so far with this episode of my red and swollen and angry big toe.  Then, suddenly, I got very sick, ugly sick, and it became very clear that I would be in bed for the rest of the day, sleeping and hydrating. I don't remember the last time I slept so much in one day.

2. One good thing about staying in bed is that it seemed to help my toe. It settled down enough that if it made contact with, say, my right heel, it wasn't painful.  I think the toe problem arose from my foot being too crowded in my shoes with a new insole insert I was wearing to deal with some bottom of my heel pain. The last time I had a toe problem was two years ago -- spring break 2014 -- and I have, I think, figured out that that episode and the two that preceded it, in the fall of 2013 and January of 2014, were because of shoes that my feet didn't like.  The new inserts turned out to be a mistake.

3. Maggie and Charly stayed with me in the bedroom the whole day, without a second of restlessness and only one barking jag.

No comments: