Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-05-2023: Christy's Surgery in Spokane Valley, Getting Party Information Out, All-Class Reunion Meeting

1.  Around 7:30 this morning, I hopped next door, leapt into Christy's Sube, and drove her to Spokane Valley where she underwent her second successful cataract surgery. While she was being treated, I blasted over to the North Sullivan Starbucks where I knew I'd have reliable internet service and drank a couple of lattes and ate a blueberry scone. 

I also completed my morning routine of puzzle solving and blogging. 

I had started Wordle in Kellogg, got stuck, but when I arrived at Starbucks, I went to the rest room and just as I entered, the Wordle solution came to me -- contingent on still having the N available. N was available and the solution was one of my favorite words from my days as an undergraduate:  ENNUI. 

2. Back home, I fiddled for a couple or hours or so with the letter I wrote to KHS Class of 72ers about our upcoming party on the afternoon of Friday, July 21st and our decorating party on Saturday morning, getting our entry ready for the parade at 12 noon. I sent out the email.  

I don't have everyone's email address, so I started the process of sending out the information on Facebook Messenger. I'm hoping that classmates I don't have contact info for, if they want to participate, will reach out to me or reach out to someone they know who has my contact info. (I don't post my email address or phone # on this blog.)

3. All-Class Reunion (July 21-23) and Class of 72 party information dominated my afternoon and evening. 

At 6:30 p.m., I blasted up to the KHS cafeteria and attended the now once every two weeks All-Class Reunion committee meeting. It sure sounds like things are in good shape. A few loose ends are dangling out there, but I think those things will come together in the next month. 

I'm coming to understand more and more what a great deal the registration fee is. That fee includes a catered BBQ dinner on Saturday, five wooden nickels, each worth 5 dollars of food, drink, or merchandise at participating businesses, chances to win drawings, coupons for discounts at places around town, and other things. The fee also helps pay for three live bands, trolley service, portable toilets, and a host of other things. 

It's a great deal and every person who pays the registration fee helps underwrite this ambitious and fun party, running from July 21-23. 


No comments: