Sunday, June 25, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-24-2023: Cards and a Letter, Making Plans Over Loft Honey Beer, Wah Hing at The Lounge

1. I decided today that I needed and wanted to express certain thoughts and support to some of my friends and that I didn't want to do so on Facebook or by email. So, I retired to my desk in the Vizio room and began writing cards and a letter while listening to a compilation of piano jazz tunes on Spotify. I didn't quite finish what I set out to write, so I'll return on Sunday and put these cards and this letter in the mail on Monday.

2. Debbie worked on filling in printed calendar sheets this afternoon and we decided to look them over in Wallace at City Limits. Not only did we do that, not only did we come up with some ideas regarding travel I might do in the fall, but we also determined that we enjoy Loft Honey and Wild Loft Honey as our favorite beers in the Silver Valley.  Debbie leans toward Wild Loft Honey, an occasional beer brewed at North Idaho Mountain Brewing. It combines their Blood Orange IPA with Loft Honey. I'm all in with the slightly sweet and perfectly balanced Loft Honey with its subtle bitterness and easy drinkability. Loft Honey is, really, I'd say, an Imperial Pale Ale. It doesn't have the hop forward complexity of an IPA but it weighs in at 8.5% ABV and so is, in my book, a double or an imperial beer. 

Loft Honey requires me to drink cautiously because it goes down so easily, so pleasantly, almost disguising the fact that its alcohol content is right up there, pretty high.

3. Hungry, Debbie and I dropped in at The Lounge and ordered a plate of  Szechwan Beef with an order of potstickers. The beef was spicy, but not overpoweringly hot, and the vegetables were stir fried just the way I like them, not raw, but not soft either. I especially enjoyed the crunchiness of the green peppers. We had a great time yakkin' with Cas and with other people who dropped by. Early in our stay, Charlie had taken over the juke box and was playing superb blues music. 

It was a perfect outing: good beer, delicious food, plans verified, other plans tentatively laid out, and some excellent conversation with each other, with Cas, and with people at The Lounge we hadn't met before. 

No comments: