Friday, June 9, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-08-2023: My Bicycle Checked Out, Pedaling to Smelterville and Back, Monk Goes to Prison

1.  I loaded my bicycle in the back of the Sube. I drove to the a parking spot across from The Beanery and rode my bicycle a short distance. I was uncertain about the way my bicycle felt, so I rode it east a ways to Kellogg's branch of the CDA Bike Co. Ryan greeted me as I walked in and happily checked the condition of my bicycle. Mostly, it needed more air in the tires and few minor adjustments here and there. This was great news. I left CDA Bike Co. feeling terrific.

2. So, I jumped right back on my bicycle and pedaled west to Smelterville. I'd pedaled to Smelterville another time a few years ago and on the way back got severely winded. I doubled over with nausea. So, I was concerned today that this same thing might happen, but it didn't. I'm thinking on that awful day of bicycling that my tires were underinflated. Today, I admit, I was no speed demon on the bike path, but I pedaled steadily for over five miles on this round trip, encouraged by how well it went. 

3. Back home, Debbie fixed a most delicious pasta sauce served over spaghetti and while we enjoyed our dinner, Monk went undercover in a prison to figure out who poisoned a death row inmate just hours before he was to be executed. To my delight, this episode featured a guest appearance by the always terrific Kathy Baker and featured a return of the mad and wicked genius, Dale the Whale, played brilliantly by Adam Arkin. 

No comments: