Saturday, June 10, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-09-2023: Travel Preparations, Yakkin' with Ed at The Lounge, Nachos at The Beanery and Monk Goes to NYC

1. In preparation for our departure for Nelson, BC on Sunday, I made lists, wrote cat care instructions, did some laundry, and cleaned and refreshed Luna and Copper's most used litter pan. Now I just have to pack my bag.

2. Around 5:00 I met Ed up at The Lounge and not long after that Debbie joined us. Ed had some information about the line that got damaged that caused today's internet outage. He'd had a rough week working and told me some of the stuff that happened. Before long, Debbie departed, planning to pick up some food at The Beanery. Ed ordered food to take home from Wah Hing. In the midst of it all, our former server at Sam's, Terri, came into The Lounge. I hadn't seen her since March of 2020, the last time I went to Sam's for Friday breakfast. 

3. Through an exchange of text messages, Debbie told me that The Beanery wasn't serving pizzas tonight, but that she was at a table and so I joined her. We ate an order of Hawaiian nachos and had a good talk about our upcoming trip and matters associated with it. We sat at a table in a somewhat secluded area at The Beanery. It felt private. It was fairly quiet. It was a great way to end our evening before returning home to watch Monk get involved in investigating the murder of a Latvian ambassador in Manhattan. Why was Monk in Manhattan? I'm not saying. If you ever watch the last episode of Season 2 and then the first episode of Season 3, you'll find out. I don't want to spill the beans and spoil the story. 

No comments: