Friday, June 23, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-22-2023: Eye Exam Confusion, Editing Photographs, Debbie Cooks a Superb Meal

1. I've got to monitor myself a little bit more closely. 

Writing notes to myself helps.  

This morning, I was enjoying my morning routine of puzzle solving and blogging when suddenly a text message came, at about 9:05, reminding me I had an eye examination appointment at 9:00.

9:00? 

I had it fixed in my head, after two previous reminders from the eye clinic and with the appointment card magneted to the refrigerator,  that my appoinment was at 10:00.

I texted back that I'd be right there. 

Luckily, I live close enough to the clinic that, once I quickly got dressed, I was able to rocket to the clinic in the Sube and ended up being just fifteen minutes late.

Everything worked out. 

After a short wait, I got right in for my exam and, while my eyes show signs of aging, basically things are in good shape -- in some cases, better than my last appointment in 2021.

I left sporting a pair of plastic sunglasses and strolled over to The Beanery for a raisin cinnamon bagel with a light amount of cream cheese and a latte. 

Whew!

2. Back home, I returned to a project that I had put on the shelf for no good reason.

I'm teaching myself, as best I can, how to edit photographs in Lightroom.

A few weeks ago, I'd created a folder of pictures to print and hang on the walls in the Vizio room and the bedroom. 

Today I returned to those pictures and edited each one of them, a slow process full of trial and error. 

But, even though I'm not proficient at editing, I'm going to move forward, order prints and frames, and put some of these pictures up.

All of the pictures I edited today were of people, mostly taken in Eugene, where I used to take a lot of street pictures. (I miss that.)

I had a great time reliving times at Saturday Market, Holiday Market, bluegrass jams at Hop Valley and Sam Bond's Garage, theater rehearsals at LCC, and Saturday photo walks with Russell. 

I'm thinking it will be fun to have all these faces and memories hanging up and it might propel me to try do this kind of photography again. 

I posted one picture below that I especially enjoyed today. I snapped it several years ago outside the huge room where Eugene's Holiday Market is held. 

3. Especially when Debbie has spent the day teaching, I do much of the cooking here at home.

Today, though, Debbie told me she's bought some chicken thighs and had a plan for cooking dinner.

Debbie went out to Pinehurst Elementary School this afternoon to do some organizing of her classroom. When she returned home, she baked chicken thighs, cooked a pot of rice with cajun seasoning, and we continued to enjoy a bean salad she made a few days ago.

We dined on the patio where it was cool and comfortable and, while I love to cook, I also love Debbie's ways of preparing food and tonight's dinner was superb.

Here's the picture I liked:




No comments: