Saturday, March 30, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 03/29/13: School/Church Shoes, Hiking/Walking Shoes, Mower

1.  The guy at Burch's was very helpful as I quickly and efficiently decided on which school/church shoes I wanted to buy and he directed me right to a pair of solid yard work shoes.  I buy shoes about once every presidential election cycle, so this was a huge event for me.

2.  Since I had such good luck with service and shoes at Burch's, I decided to try my luck at REI for a pair of walking/light hiking shoes.  I got great advice from two employees and a very friendly customer and left the store confident that the shoes I chose will be comfortable and long lasting.  I buy shores about once every presidential election cycle, so this was a huge event for me.

3.  I decided I need a cheap power mower for times, like now, when my non-power push mower just won't work because the grass is too tall and wet.  So I went to Cascade Garden and Equipment and the guy who helped me led me right to a used, cheap mower that I think will do the job.  I buy a mower about once every time leadership changes hands in Cuba, so this was a huge event for me.

No comments: