Thursday, August 4, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 08/03/16: Mom's Restorative Sleep, Sibling Lunch, Fifteen Two Fifteen Four . . . . .

1.  There was a difference, a good difference. After Mom went to see The Music Man, she was both tired and didn't feel very well and slept a lot for a couple of days.  Today, after her shopping extravaganza yesterday, Mom fell into a deep afternoon nap -- she didn't hear me come home from lunch and didn't hear Paul come to borrow her car.  But, she didn't feel lousy. She said the sleep just felt good.

2. Speaking of lunch, Christy, Carol, and I waltzed into Best Shots (in the former Kopper Keg building) and talked about the near future and Mom's care, especially in light of my return to Maryland. We had a good talk and I came away feeling good about Christy and Carol will go about helping Mom, but I was again left with the frustration that comes with not being able to be in two places at the same time.

3.  I decided to give a cribbage app a try on my phone and enjoyed playing a bunch of games against the robot and occasionally enjoyed the thrill of reaching the 121 point mark ahead of my nameless, software animated opponent.

No comments: