Monday, August 1, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/31/16: Paper Project, Breakfast Dinner, Near Future Questions

1.  Mom couldn't sleep any longer at 4 a.m. I got up at 5:30 to make sure Mom was doing all right and she was frustrated with her anxiety dreams, but she was not having any problems bigger than that. Carol arrived about 6:45 and it wasn't long before Mom and Carol were in Mom's room clearing off her desk and sorting through papers. By 9:00 or so, they got this project about 95% completed, a great relief to Mom, and she finished it later in the day.

2. Christy and Everett went on a drive this afternoon so Mom and I were on our own for dinner and we decided to eat breakfast. I fried up some sausage patties, fried three eggs, and made waffles. Mom gave me specific directions about how she wanted her egg cooked, and I'm elated to report that I succeeded! I had a lot of fun making this dinner and would love to have breakfast dinner more often.

3.  For a nightcap, I went over to Christy's and started to try to figure out when I'll return to Maryland, when I might return to Kellogg, and what it will mean for Mom when I leave. Soon, we'll start making some real decisions when we find a time to continue this discussion with Carol.

No comments: