Saturday, May 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/03/13: Pulling and Raking, Neighborhood Updates, Sophisticated Taste Test

1.  I shoveled more weeds, raked more dead leaves, and continued to work at getting things cleaned up.  My stamina isn't great, but I just keep plugging away, getting more and more done out on both the east and west, the front and the back, sides of the house. 

2.  While I was weeding, the guy who used to mow and trim for us stopped by with his little pug/chihuahua.  He doesn't do yard work any more, but continues to slowly meander around the neighborhood on his bike.  We talked about old times and new developments in the neighborhood. 
We hadn't seen him for a while and wondered if something lousy had happened, but, no, he's fine, and truckin' along.

3.  I ate half a prime rib dip at Billy Mac's with a cup of Tillamook cheese soup and in my highly sophisticated taste test putting the Billy Mac's sandwich and soup up against the same kind of sandwich and soup at the Bier Stein, I declared a draw.  Both were mighty good.  

No comments: