Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/27/13: Doing Some Writing, Weeding Some More, Quiet at Home

1.  I took more time than usual writing posts for my blog.  I am writing about the week Dad died and wrote about thoughts I've had on suffering over the years, inspired by Betsy Tesi's sermon on Sunday.

2.  Some breaks in the weather gave me the opportunity to do some weeding and so I continued my slow, steady project of making things in our front yard look better.  The back yard needs attention, too.

3.  The Deke is tearing old sheets into strips and making a rug.  I sit about eight feet across the room from her and get some writing done.  We go long periods without talking.  The dogs rest, prompted to bark when the guy who lives across the street works on his pickup in front of our house.  Mostly it's quiet.  Mostly productive.  It's a good way to spend the day.

No comments: