Saturday, May 18, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/17/13: Zinnia Ready, Grantland Gab, The Multi-Tasking Deke

1.  There's triangle that looks like a skinny Trivial Pursuits wedge, by our driveway and I used to grow flowers in it.  Today I got the weeds out and with a little added soil and compost, that space is ready for some zinnias. 

2.  I took a mid-afternoon stroll to Sixteen Tons to gab with Jesse some more.  I enjoyed a pint of Deschutes Pine Mountain Pilsner and Jesse had some time to gab about the NBA playoffs and some reading we'd been doing over at grantland.com.

3.  That was round 1. Round 2 took place down the street at Falling Sky where I met up with the Deke and the Troxstar for a pint of Das Bitter and some more yakking.  The Deke skillfully multi-tasked:  she sipped on a Falling Sky Pourter (that's how the joint spells it), worked on the online class she is taking, and dished out wise cracks and sound advice to me and the Troxstar who were focused on one task:  drinking a beer. 

No comments: