Thursday, May 23, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/22/13: Back to Working Class Lit, Rare Pepsi Jones, Helping Out with a Meal and Delivering It

1.  I got to return to MB's "Working Class Literature" course today and read my paper "On Needing Richard Hugo".  Yes, I enjoyed that the students were attentive and that there were some good questions and comments.  But, most of all I enjoyed the feeling that I was back team-teaching with M again and that we fell back into the easy relationship we had when we were two teachers, working together in the classroom to help students learn about the literature and learn to write better.

2.  It's not very often that I long for Pepsi, but today I did.  When I do have this longing, it's accompanied by a longing for Chinese food, so I went to Jade Palace and gulped down three or four small glasses of Pepsi and enjoyed my go to meal:  Combination #4.

3.  I volunteered to fix dinner for the Wirth family.  They have a new baby and so signed up at church for some help with food and dinners.  I got out the electric fry pan and fixed steak strips combined with onion, red pepper, mushrooms, corn, and brown rice.  I grated cheese in case the Wirths wanted to put cheese over the meal.  It's one of our favorites here at home and I hope it worked for the Wirths as well. 

No comments: