Thursday, May 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/15/13: My Day with the Car, Planting Flowers, Jade Palace at Its Best!

1.  I took the Deke to work today and used the car to go to the grocery store, drive to Wednesday Eucharist (and pay tribute to the life and ministry of Episcopalian public servant Frances Perkins), make a major drop off at St. Vincent's, and buy flowers for the front garden bed and for containers.  I also had the car serviced.  It's a rare day when I keep the car for myself and I made the most of it.

2.  In the meantime, I finished the preparation of two flower beds out front and planted flowers in them with the hope for more variety and brightness and put geraniums in containers for the backyard.  It's coming along, slowly.  There's more to do:  more weeds, more bed preparation, more flowers or shrubs to plant, but each improvement motivates me a little more.

3.  With all the new planting done and the transplants watered, I strolled to Jade Palace.  I don't know exactly why, but my combination plate of fried shrimp, pork fried rice, and Kung Pao chicken tasted perfect.  The pork fried rice was perfectly oiled, not greasy, not dry.  The shrimp was perfectly,lightly breaded and I love it with hot mustard.  The Kung Pao chicken was also tender and a little hotter than than the medium I ordered and that was just what I wanted.  It was a perfect way to conclude of day of driving, shopping, worshiping, pulling, digging, and planting. 

No comments: