Thursday, May 30, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/29/13: More Yard Work, Appreciation, Relaxed at Home

1.  I pulled a bunch of dandelions out of the front lawn before they blossomed and more out of the little meadow area north of our house and mowed the front lawn, keeping the grass fairly high.  I continue to wish my stamina were better, but even the relatively short amount of time I put in outside each day is enough to keep me motivated:  the yard and gardens look a little better and the physical pulling and pushing help me sleep even better than usual at night.

2.  I appreciate how different friends have told me that they appreciate the series of posts I've written on my blog about the week my father died.  I've held these memories and held some thoughts for quite a while and it's good to write them and to have people read them. 

3.  The Deke and I are relaxed about things.  Tonight, I was getting ready to fix dinner and she called me to say she wouldn't be home until later because she was having a glass of wine with fellow teachers and then she arrived home later than she planned.  No problem.  The dinner stayed warm.  I pulled more weeds. We aren't on any kind of strict timeline.  It all worked out.  No hassling each other is a very good way to roll. 

No comments: