Saturday, May 11, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/10/13: Dalai Lama and Brails, Facts Just Twist the Truth Around, Memories of Dad at Billy Mac's

1.  I'll repeat the joke:  In my head, I went to Brails, not the Dalai Lama, thinking the Dalai Lama was speaking at 9:30.  Turned out I had my clock set to Honolulu time...but I got that factually wrong...Honolulu is three, not four hours different, but

Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to... 

I ordered the Dalai Lama chicken fried steak, His Holiness hash browns,Tibetan English muffin, and had my eggs fried inner peacefully. 

2.  I watched almost all of the Jonathan Demme's movie, "Stop Making Sense" on YouTube and had a great time livin' in the past, but experiencing the Talking Heads as contemporary at the same time.

3.  What a dinner at Billy Mac's!  A bottle of Corona beer, a peppered rib eye steak with a light sauce of peppers and brandy (I can't really describe it), some Cabernet Sauvignon, and a nice cognac to finish.  Although the steak was not prepared Pert Woolum style, the beer, wine, and cognac made me think of my dad, and it would have been a perfect Dad moment had the end of the meal been either brandy on the rocks or a stinger while listening to an LP of Dinah Washington. 

No comments: