Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/28/13: Working it Out, Good Gabbing at Falling Sky, The NBA at Billy Mac's

1.  Two students were back in class.  R. got the wrong meds from the V.A. and it landed him in the V.A. hospital in Roseburg, but now he's recovered and on the right meds. L.'s grandmother died and, at the same time, her boyfriend got deported to Afghanistan.  We spent time together, the three of us, and got things figured out and I repeated some instruction I gave while they were gone.  They will finish the course.

2.  A minute before class started, Jesse texted me, wondering about having a beer this afternoon.  At first, I didn't think I could, but, after class, I thought it through and concluded, that if I went home and took care of the corgis, meeting for beer would work out great.  We met at Falling Sky and after a long discussion about the wild NBA playoffs, we turned out attention to excess consumption, Shakespeare, Bartleby, the Scrivener, and "The Yellow Wallpaper".  Then Mike and Angelo showed up, followed by the Deke and the conversation veered in many new directions. 

3.  More goodness at Billy Mac's.  I ate half of a prime rib dip with a cup of Tillamook cheese soup and a single glass of Oakshire's Amber Ale and got absorbed by the Pacers and the Heat pounding on each other, playing hard every possession, making adjustments, creating drama.  The Deke and I left before the end of the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of action I saw.  I tracked the end of the game at home online and look forward to all the expert analysis I'll find online in the morning.  What will the Heat do to stop Roy Hibbert? 

No comments: