Friday, May 10, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/09/13: Lawn Care, Visiting Louise and Jeff, Surprises!

1.   I wanted some lawn care advice and Marty from Rexius dropped by and her advice was straight forward and brimming with common sense.  I'm going to do what she advised me and count on the lawn looking even better as time goes on.

2.  I joined MB over at Jeff and Louise's for a visit.  Louise is up and around after her cancer surgery.  I was happily surprised by how good she looked.  Jeff has been giving Louise constant love and care.  It was great to see them and to talk about so many interesting things.

3.  I was settled in for the evening when text messages came in from the Senior Warden and Mrs. Senior Warden summoning me to the First National Taphouse for a beer or two.  What a fine surprise!  The walk to downtown was cool and relaxing and I really enjoyed my second beer, Hales Troll Porter on nitro, another of the evening's great surprises.  Surprise #3:  When the three of us swung by chez Bill/Deke, the Deke was still up, sipping some wine, and was full of piss, vinegar, and advice about raising teenagers.  Listening to her was really fun.  It also brought back a lot of (heh) great memories of raising teenagers ourselves.  What a time that was.  Ha!

No comments: