Friday, May 3, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 05/02/13: Cool Weeding, "Happy" Tears, New Bier Stein

1.  The cool of the morning makes a great time to go out back and work to eliminate dandelions, blackberry vines, and other invaders from the yard and garden.

2.   I was gratified when a few students stopped on their way out of class to tell me they were touched, moved to tears by parts of the movie, "Happy". 

3.  I made my first visit to the newly expanded Bier Stein in its new location where the L and L Market used to be.  I really enjoyed the high ceilings, the sunshine lighting the room, and the three-sided bar with lots of seating.  I like to sit at the bar.  A pure delight:  Old Speckled Hen was on tap, on the Nitro.  Delicious.  I ordered a half a French dip sandwich with a cup of beer cheese soup.  Both were really good.  Man.  When I ride the bus to town from LCC, the route provides easy access to the following establishments, all with beer, and some with food, I enjoy:  Sixteen Tons, High Street, Falling Sky, Bier Stein, Cornucopia, Billy Mac's, First National Taphouse, and the Rogue Public House.  Soon, Falling Sky's second location with a deli will be completed two blocks from our house and I'm only about two or three blocks from Visualize Whirled Pies with their crispy tasty pizzas and reliable tap list.   I never dreamed I'd ever see such a thing. 

No comments: