Saturday, November 2, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/01/13: Yakking with Rita, Cuban Panini at Heidi's, Brandy Steak at Billy Mac's

1.  I drove down to Creswell today and spent about four hours with Rita.  Our day began at her house looking at student portraits I took, talking about a wide variety of subjects, and looking at how her plants are maturing and what her plans are for the way she'd like her property to look.

2.  We had lunch at Hiedi Tunnell's Creswell Bakery and I liked my Cuban panini a lot.  It was the best panini I'd every eaten and I always like cured meats that are made in-house and this Cuban sandwich feature Canadian bacon.  (Scratching my head.)  It was a delight to eat.

3.  I decided to indulge in some of the best Billy Mac's has to offer and ate a Brandy Steak tonight.  It's a rib eye covered with a brandy sauce with green peppers, mushrooms, onion and I don't remember what else, but it was so good that I lingered over it for as long as I could, eating it slowly and relishing every bite.  I drank a glass of red Goose Bump wine, one of the Deke's favorites and now I know why.  It was a great meal and watching the Nets and the Heat and the Blazers and the Nuggets with the Beavers and Trojans on another television and talking and laughing with Derrick, Amber, John, and Kathy made the evening especially fun.

No comments: